CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MAP - Click on the icon within map for further project details.
The MFT Street Program within the Huntley Meadows subdivision is nearing completion with the placement of topsoil, fertilizer, grass seed and straw blanket used to restore the areas of parkway disturbance. The Village requests residents begin to maintain the newly restored turf grass areas.
The following is a guideline for maintenance of newly restored areas.
- Keep the area damp 3 inches down for the first month.
- Water slowly with a fine mist or light sprinkle and do not water in one spot too long to avoid washing the topsoil and grass seed away from the restored areas.
- Morning watering is best—avoid late afternoon or evening.
- Do not remove the straw blanket. The straw blanket and netting will deteriorate over time.
- The grass seed should take between one to three weeks to germinate and begin to grow depending on weather and watering.
- Begin mowing or weed whipping after seedlings reach 3 inches to 5 inches in height.
The Village thanks the residents of Huntley Meadows for their continued patience throughout the course of the project.
As part of the 2018 Budget, the Village Board of Trustees approved the 2018 Street Improvement Program which includes improvements made to the following streets in the Huntley Meadows subdivision:
Main Street (Haligus to Central Park Blvd)
The project will include grind and hot mix asphalt overlay on the identified streets as well as spot repairs to the sidewalk, curb and gutter in areas as needed.
Please contact Jason Irvin, Assistant to the Director of Public Works and Engineering at 847-515-5284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or if Jason is not available, please contact Greg Sanders, Construction Engineer, Christopher B. Burke, Ltd at (847) 417-0059 or email@example.com should you need additional information.