Green & Clean Huntley Day - April 21st
It’s time to get ready for the year’s biggest recycling event. Huntley residents can take advantage of the following earth-friendly programs (be sure to read the full details and restrictions):
- Electronics Recycling* - Municipal Complex, 9am to noon (or until dumpsters are full). Only residential electronics accepted. Due to space limitations only 1 TV or 1 computer monitor will be accepted per vehicle.
- Paper/Document Destruction* - Municipal Complex, 9am to noon. Participants will receive a certificate of destruction for materials taken to be destroyed by AMS Store and Shred.
- Spring Cleaning Drop Off* - Public Works on East Main Street & Donald Drive, 9am to noon. Volunteers will assist in unloading vehicles.
- Used Book Drive* - Municipal Complex, 9am to noon. Bring your gently used books for donation to non-profit organizations. No encyclopedias accepted.
- Free Mulch Pick Up* - Public Works on Donald Drive, 9am to noon. Please bring your own containers.
*Above programs are for Huntley residents only - IDs will be checked.
Due to the popularity of this free event, please expect long lines. All traffic to the Municipal Complex must enter Main Street from Haligus Road, for a more expeditious traffic flow. See the map below for traffic flow information.
Wait… there’s more! Everyone is invited to join us for these fun activities:
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Tours - West Main Street and Kreutzer Rd, 9am - 1pm. Tours take approximately 1 hour and the last tour begins at noon.
- Culvers Kids Arbor Day Coloring Contest - Pick up a coloring sheet at Culver’s, Huntley Village Hall, Huntley Library or Huntley Park District from April 2 - 21 and bring your best coloring work back to Culver’s of Huntley by April 23 to get a free scoop! Participants will have their name entered to win a free tree. Also, the preschool with the highest percentage of participants will win a party with Culver’s!
For additional information, please download the Green & Clean flyer or contact Barb at email@example.com.