- Project Complete
The following is a set of guidelines for maintenance of the restored areas.
- Keep the surface of the soil continually moist. Don’t allow it to dry out.
- Water slowly with a fine mist or light sprinkle and do not water in one spot too long to avoid washing the topsoil and grass seed away from the restored areas.
- Morning watering is best—avoid late afternoon or evening.
- The grass seed should take between one to three weeks to germinate and begin to grow depending on weather and watering.
- Begin mowing or weed whipping after seedlings reach 3 inches to 5 inches in height.
The Village thanks the residents of Covington Lakes for their patience throughout the course of this year’s project .