The goal of this program is to assist in the replacement of trees removed from public rights of way and restore the urban forest with a continued focus on maintaining a healthy community of trees in the Village. If your parkway tree has been removed or is going to be removed you are eligible to participate in one of the following Village Residential Parkway Tree Replacement Programs.
To be eligible for either of the programs, the following criteria must be met:
- The need to replace a tree in the parkway that has already been removed. If you are replacing a tree that has died, the dead tree must be removed prior to application.
- Residents can add a second tree to the parkway only if there is sufficient room per Village Code.
Program #1: Tree Replacement Program
If you are interested in ordering a parkway tree directly from the Village, simply complete the Tree Order Form include your payment in full (checks only, please) and return everything to the address listed below. This offer is available for our spring program, and our fall program. All trees come with a one-year guarantee.
Spring: Orders will be accepted from February 1st through April 15th, or until quantities run out, whichever is first. Weather permitting, it is anticipated that the trees will be planted Mid-May. You will receive a notification prior to installation of your new tree.
Fall: Orders will be accepted from August 1st through September 15th, or until quantities run out, whichever is first. Weather permitting, it is anticipated that the trees will be planted Mid-October. You will receive a notification prior to the installation of your new tree.Be sure to review the types of trees offered through this program to select options that you prefer. Please note that there is a limited amount of each tree offered so orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. We ask that you list your 1st and 2nd choices. If your 1st choice is no longer available, Village staff will contact you to confirm your 2nd choice.
Please read through the general information and indicate your choices of tree for your parkway. Once the tree is planted, it becomes your responsibility as the property owner to maintain the tree. The cost to the homeowner is found on the order form.
- The location of the tree to be planted is solely at the discretion of the Village of Huntley.
- The Village of Huntley or the nursery will not be found liable for the replacement or maintenance of the following but not limited to: existing landscaping, mulch,annual/perennial plantings, stone or other enhancements in the area, edging, etc., so please have the parkway clear of items.
- Care and maintenance of the new tree is solely the responsibility of the property owner (instructions will be provided prior to installation).
- Orders will not be processed unless check or money order payment in full is received with this order form. Please make check or money order payable to the Village of Huntley.
- Orders will be accepted in person, dropped in either payment drop box, or via U.S. Mail at:
2.5" caliper = approx. 14-16 feet tall
3.0" caliper = approx. 16-18 feet tall
2.5" - 3" caliper = approx. 10-12 feet tall
Application for Replacement
Program #2: Tree Reimbursement Program
- If you plant a 2.5” caliper tree – the Village will reimburse you 50% up to $185
- If you plant a 3.0” caliper tree – the Village will reimburse you 50% up to $225
- If you plant a 4.0” caliper tree – the Village will reimburse you 50% up to $325
Please note: applications for reimbursement must be submitted prior to planting.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Public Works Department at email@example.com or 847-515-5289.