Village of Huntley local ordinance requires a permit be obtained for any canvasser, peddler, solicitor or itinerant merchant. Permits are not required for public entities and/or religious organizations. Failure to obtain a permit and/or any violations of the ordinance can result in fines up to $500.00 for each offense.
There are fees that must be paid during the permit process:
- $25.00 application fee, and
- $50.00 fingerprint fee, per applicant.
- Applications will only be accepted Monday through Friday from 8 am until 4:30 pm
- Permits are good for ten soliciting days and are not renewable.
- Applicants will be contacted once the application is approved. Applicants should allow 3-6 weeks for the approval process.
- You must pick up your permit at the Police Department prior to soliciting and you must carry your permit with you.
Upon completion of your solicitation, you must return the permit to the Police Department.
Solicitors are not to enter the property of any premise in the Village that states, “NO SOLICITORS INVITED.”
No person shall engage in solicitation prior to 9 am or after 9 pm of any day. No person shall engage in solicitation at any time on a Sunday or on a national holiday.
Solicitor Permit Application