The Huntley Police Department provides free child safety seat inspections and installation assistance. Although there is no law requiring an inspection, we offer free inspections to ensure a safer installation. The child safety seat program is intended to educate parents how to properly install their child’s seat.
Car seat checks are provided by a Safety Seat Technician who is certified through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in the installation of child safety car seats.
Over 90% of car seats are used incorrectly. Let us help you provide a safer ride for your child.
- Program open to residents of Huntley, IL. If you do not live in Huntley, contact your local police station or try the station inspection locator.
- Checks and installations are conducted at the Police Station by appointment only. Contact Officer Juliano at email@example.com or 847-515-5404 to set your time.
- Please bring the manuals for both your vehicle and the car seat to help in proper installation.
- The child should also attend to ensure proper fitting of the harnesses.
- If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, be sure to call to cancel or reschedule.
Other Child Safety Seat Considerations
- Follow in the instructions and recommendations for the child seat.
- Be sure your child is within the height and weight limits of the child seat.
- Do not add “after market products” to the child seat that are not recommended by the manufacturer.
- We do not recommend using child seats purchased from garage sales or resale shops– there is no way to tell if the seat was involved in a car accident.
- Do not continue to use a child seat after it is involved in an accident – replace it to ensure your child’s safety.
- Visit the NHTSA website for more information on car seat safety.