The Huntley Police Department child safety seat inspection and installation program is currently unavailable.
Car seats and boosters provide protection for infants and children in a crash, yet car crashes are a leading cause of death for children ages 1 to 13. That's why it's so important to choose and use the right car seat correctly every time your child is in the car. Please see the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website to help you to choose the right seat, install it correctly and keep your child safe. The site also lets you search for certified inspection sites in your area.
Other Child Safety Seat Considerations
- Follow in the instructions and recommendations for the child seat.
- Be sure your child is within the height and weight limits of the child seat.
- Do not add “after market products” to the child seat that are not recommended by the manufacturer.
- We do not recommend using child seats purchased from garage sales or resale shops– there is no way to tell if the seat was involved in a car accident.
- Do not continue to use a child seat after it is involved in an accident – replace it to ensure your child’s safety.
- Visit the NHTSA website for more information on car seat safety.