Block Parties/Sound Amplification

Residents are encouraged to better acquaint themselves with their neighbors through cooperative events. A Block Party allows neighbors to use their private properties and Village Streets for a festive neighborhood block function.

Only residential streets will be permitted for closure, not main thoroughfares.  The organizer my complete the Block Party Application.  Block Party applicants are also required to invite all the neighbors on the block and acquire the signatures of at least 75% of those neighbors on a Block Party Petition for Street Closure in order to be approved for the Block Party.

Barricades for street closure require a $100 deposit and must be obtained from Public Works. No structures are permitted in the public right of way (streets, parkways, & sidewalks). All street closures must be cleared by 9:00 p.m.

Sound Amplification Permit  is required for any sound amplification, such as a DJ, band, or loudspeaker.
View the Block Party Rules & Regulations for more information.

All required applications and petitions must be completed and submitted to the Huntley Police Department at least 30 days prior to the Block Party.

You may request a Huntley Police Officer will visit your block party and give children a tour of a squad car.  Please call 847-515-5311 to place your request.


Police Department

Call 9-1-1 in an Emergency

Non-Emergency:  847-515-5311
Fax: 847-515-5241

Tip Line:  
Text a Tip: Text TIP HUNTLEY followed by your message to 888777

Send an Anonymous Tip: Click here

Huntley Police Department
Village of Huntley Municipal Complex
10911 Main Street, Huntley, IL 60142